In the May 8th election, voters passed six levies that increase real estate taxes for properties within the taxing authority. The levies are as follows:
- Ashtabula Township – Fire
- Ashtabula Township – Cemetery
- Colebrook Township –Parks & Recreation
- Trumbull Township - Road and Bridge
- Geneva Township Park – Current Expense
- Pymatuning Schools and Library – Current Expense
Additionally, two renewal levies passed that keep the current rates and tax amounts:
- Dorset Township - Fire
- Monroe Township - Fire/EMS
Levies are expressed in millage rates, or the dollar amount per $1,000 of assessed value (35% of the appraised value). For example a levy with a 2.0 millage rate would generate $70 in tax liability on a $100,000 property.
To find a specific property’s appraised value, please use our property search.
This calculator estimates how each levy affects residential and agricultural properties. Select the levy from the drop-down menu to compare the current and proposed millage rates. Then, enter an appraised value to calculate the tax increase.