Many voters will see tax levies on the November 6th election ballot. Levies are expressed in millage rates, or the dollar amount per $1,000 of assessed value (35% of the appraised value). For example a levy with a 2.0 millage rate would generate $70 in tax liability on a $100,000 property.
To find a specific property’s appraised value, please use our property search.
Levies with Increases
The following levies would increase property tax liability in their districts:
- County School Financing District – Current Expense
- Geneva-on-the-Lake – Road and Bridge
- Harpersfield Township – Fire
- Orwell Township including Village – Road and Bridge
- Rome Township – Cemetery
- South Central Ambulance - Current Expense
This calculator estimates how each levy affects residential and agricultural properties. Select the levy from the drop-down menu to compare the current and proposed millage rates. Then enter an appraised value to calculate the tax increase.