Many voters will see tax levies on the November 2nd election ballot. Levies are expressed in millage rates, or the dollar amount per $1,000 of assessed value (35% of the appraised value). For example a levy with a 2.0 millage rate would generate $70 in tax liability on a $100,000 property.
There are three types of levies:
- Renewal levies extend existing levies at the same millage rate.
- Replacement levies change existing levies’ reduced millage rates back to the full rate. These types of levies increase tax liability.
- Additional levies generate tax revenue through new levies, raising the total effective tax rate for a given district.
This calculator estimates how each levy on the ballot affects residential and agricultural properties. Please enter a parcel number and its market value then click “calculate”.
Sales Tax Issue 1
This November voters will also decide on Issue 1, a .5% Sales Tax Increase for a Criminal Justice & Public Safety which will fund additional Sheriff Road Deputies and the contruction and operation of a new Jail. A .5% Sales Tax is $0.50 for a $100 purchase and $5.00 for a $1,000 purchase. To learn more about this Issue, click here.
- Issue #4 Jefferson Village Fire Services
- Issue #21 Hartsgrove Township Fire Services
- Issue #27 Plymouth Township Fire and Resuce Servicess
- Issue #33 Windsor Township Parks and Recreation
- Issue #5 North Kingsville Village Police
- Issue #17 Colebrook Township Fire
- Issue #22 Kingsville Township Road and Bridge
- Issue #23 Kingsville Township Road and Bridge
- Issue #39 Northwest Ambulance District EMS
Replacement Levies w/ Increase
- Issue #35 Conenaut Township Park District
- Issue #38 Jefferson Emergency Resuce District
For the complete list, including renewal levies, please refer to the Ashtabula County Board of Elections list