Forfeited Land Sale 10/29/21
***Parcels located in Roaming Shores are buying into the Homeowner's Association that carries a $1,000 new member fee and future charges of membership dues and water/sewer fees. ***
The properties listed have been foreclosed upon for delinquent taxes and have been offered for sale on two (2) occasions for the total amount of taxes, assessments, penalties and interest due. Having not been sold, the properties were forfeited to the State of Ohio by Court Order and remanded to the County Auditor for sale.
Registration will begin at 9:00 am and the first auction will begin at 10:00 am or shortly thereafter. The auction will be held in the Ashtabula County Commissioner’s hearing room, sometimes referred to as the “Old Court House,” located at:
25 West Jefferson Street
Jefferson, OH 44047
The following rules and policies are established to help facilitate the auction. Any interpretation, or issue not specifically covered by these rules, will be decided by the Auditor. In order to promote professional decorum, the Auditor anticipates all persons participating in, or present at, the auction will be courteous and considerate of others.
- Attendance will be limited to seating capacity and is on a first-come basis. Seating will be reserved to registered bidders if our room becomes full. A picture ID with current residence is required to register. Once registered, bidders will be given a bid card and any other information needed.
- Parcels withdrawn from the auction, for any reason, will be announced immediately prior to the day’s sale.
- Only the registered bidder will be permitted to use the bid cards and make bids, meaning no sharing of bid cards.
- Initially, each property will be auctioned with a starting offer at the lower of a) total delinquent taxes due, or b) current market value as determined by the County Auditor; plus fees.
- Any parcel not sold for the first offer will immediately be auctioned again “for the best price obtainable,” plus fees. Any parcel not sold will be re-offered at a future forfeited land sale.
- All sales are “As-Is” and “Buyer Beware.” Caution is advised. Many properties have characteristics which have prevented sales in the past. The County Auditor does not give any representation regarding possession, eviction, prior inspection, scheduled demolition, health code violation, or any other matter. The County Auditor will issue an “Auditor’s Deed.”